Dr. Sheena, as she’s known to everyone from her youngest patients to her trusted team, has been a pediatric dentist for most of her nearly 25-year career. Her passion is to provide a genuine, personal, and fun dental experience for her patients. She values establishing a safe, caring, and comfortable relationship with them. Meeting new patients is always a delight, and it’s a special privilege when she knows them as they grow into teens and young adults. She aims to provide exceptional care for all patients, and when an anxious patient finally trusts her to do just that, it’s one of the most rewarding moments of her day.
In 2006, after moving her successful general dentistry practice from Alberta, Canada, to Portland, Oregon, Dr. Sheena was accepted into OHSU’s two-year specialty training fellowship in pediatric dentistry. The training provided clinical experience in infant oral health care, sedation, hospital dentistry, child psychology, anesthesia, medically compromised, orthodontics, and the mentally and physically disabled.
She has built an impressive reputation as a knowledgeable dentist.
Dr. Sheena Kalia Kansal is:
• Admired by her peers, she has earned peer-awarded topDentist recognition every year for the past ten years.
• Recognized at the state’s highest levels and was invited by Governor Kate Brown and the Oregon Dental Association to sit on the Oregon Board of Dentistry. The Board serves the public by promoting quality care and licensing and monitoring all dental professionals in the state. She is also an active member and a past president of the Oregon Association of Pediatric Dentistry.
• Sought nationally for her knowledge and discernment as an examiner for the CDCA-WREB-CITA, which tests dental licensure candidates.
• Committed to promoting excellence among the next generation of dentists as a past faculty member in the OHSU Pediatric Dentistry Department.
She also uses her skills to give back to the world community. In 2022, she traveled to The Gambia, West Africa, as part of a diverse team of healthcare professionals to volunteer her services for patients without accessible medical resources.
Although she is a native of Canada, Rose City has become her home. As a runner, she has a great perspective of Portland, including the opportunity to be one of the first to spot delicious new food carts. She volunteers regularly at a Tigard shelter for families. And she is always up for some friendly, joyful competition with her two young children—all three of them are attempting to earn third-degree black belts in Taekwondo.
• University of Alberta, Bachelor of Science in Medical Sciences
• University of Alberta, DDS
• Oregon Health & Sciences University, Certification in Pediatric Dentistry
Professional Licensure and Certification
• Board-certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
• Fellow of The Royal College of Dentists of Canada
• Oregon Board of Dentistry License Number D9177
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
• Staff privileges with Legacy Emanuel Hospital
• American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• Western Society of Pediatric Dentistry
• Oregon Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
• American Dental Association
• Oregon Dental Association
• Multnomah Dental Society
Dr. Natasha Bramley is a firm believer in the saying that if you choose a career that you love, you never have to work a day in your life. Dr. B cannot think of a better way to spend her days than by helping her beloved little patients on their journey to optimal oral health- and by having fun along the way! Her goal is to not only deliver the best possible care but to also get children to willingly accept treatment and even enjoy their time spent at the dental office.
Dr. B graduated with a dental degree from the prestigious University of Pennsylvania in 2006. After 4 years spent as a clinical professor at Penn Dental and dental provider and advocate for economically disadvantaged children at a grassroots non profit children’s clinic in West Philadelphia, she returned to school at the University of Connecticut to obtain her certificate in Pediatric Dentistry.
She is now excited to call Portland home, and continues to serve as an advocate for children both in her community as well as abroad; she is pediatric dental advisor and volunteer to the team at Hope Smiles, a non profit clinic in Jinja, Uganda. Additionally, Dr. B enjoys remaining well connected with her peers- she is the current president of the Oregon Association of Pediatric Dentistry, the communications director for the Western Society of Pediatric Dentists, and the Public Policy Advocate for the state of Oregon appointed by the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry. Teaching being one of her passions, she has also enjoyed being clinical professor at the OHSU dental school.
She resides with her husband, Prince and very rowdy pup Percy in the Portland metro area and can be found running, spending hours at Powell’s bookstore or enjoying one of Portland’s many fine restaurants in her spare time.